After much thought I'm not setting myself targets such as 'Knit 12 pairs of socks' this year but rather my aims are to have a good balance of projects on the needles at any one time and to keep making progress through those projects without the distractions of the new and the shiny. At the same time, the trick is to leave enough flexibility in there to cope with the inevitable "Oooh...shiny..." distractions. I know what I'm like :)
Knitting projects for each month are to include:
1. Something using yarn from stash (bought pre Jan 2016)
2. A sweater for me (the same sweater may span several months)
3. At least 2 original designs
4. Vanilla socks...obviously
5. Something for the gift box (this can be something from items 1 or 4, or something else)
As each month end approaches knitting tasks include:
1. Updating Rav project pages and stash
2. Deciding which projects can be finished by the month end
3. Picking a new project to cast on, on the 1st of the month
4. Ensure that any yarn which has entered the stash has been photographed and logged (with date) on Ravelry - the little box marked 'Cost' can just stay blank.
I did contemplate going through the whole stash and making sure that my Ravelry record is accurate as I reckon that about 60% of my stash is properly recorded. In the end though, my chronic laziness won out and I decided that as long as I faithfully promise to make sure new stash is logged promptly, then my time would be better spent actually knitting my stash rather than documenting it.
So, how about you? Care to share your knitting goals - I'd love to hear what you are up to. Please do leave a comment below or pop over to my Ravelry group where we have a whole motivational thread devoted to goals, encouragement and a fair number of lists.